18 killed in Uttar Pradesh accidentFebruary 9th, 2010 - 12:30 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Feb 8 (IANS) Ten children were among 18 people killed when a tractor-trolley in which they were travelling skidded off the road and fell into a deep, water-filled ditch in Uttar Pradesh’s Sitapur district Monday night, police said.
Fourteen people were also injured in the accident that occurred in Pisawan town in Sitapur district, some 80 km from Lucknow.
District police chief Amitabh Yash told IANS on telephone: “It appears that the accident occurred while the driver of the tractor-trolley tried to overtake a vehicle. In the process, the tractor-trolley lost control and fell into a water-filled ditch along the road.”
“Of the 18 killed, 10 are children while the remaining are women,” Circle Officer M.P. Singh said.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital in Sitapur.
- Uttar Pradesh accident toll rises to 24 - Feb 09, 2010
- 41 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 22, 2011
- At least 41 killed in northern India road accident - Aug 22, 2011
- Eight killed as tractor-trolley falls into gorge - Jan 23, 2010
- Six kanwarias killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Aug 06, 2010
- 14 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Jul 20, 2012
- Nine kanwarias killed in road accidents (Lead) - Aug 06, 2010
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- Nine of wedding party electrocuted in Uttra Pradesh - Apr 28, 2010
- Five pilgrims killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - May 13, 2011
- Eight devotees killed in Uttar Pradesh - Oct 15, 2010
- Five killed in train-tractor trolley mishap - May 27, 2011
- 23 killed in two Madhya Pradesh accidents - Aug 01, 2011
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012