18 killed in Shillong accidentAugust 8th, 2012 - 1:29 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, Aug 8 (IANS) At least 18 people were killed and 10 injured when the bus they were travelling in rolled into a deep gorge in east Jaintia Hills district here early Wednesday, police said.
The Agartala-bound bus was coming from Guwahati, when it fell into a deep gorge at Tongseng village in east Jaintia Hills district early Wednesday, said Superintendent of Police M.K. Dkhar.
Rescue operations are on, he said.
- Meghalaya bus crash kills 31 (Second Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Meghalaya CM condoles bus crash victims - Aug 09, 2012
- Seven killed in Meghalaya accident (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- 23 die in Meghalaya accident (Lead) - Aug 08, 2012
- Seven killed in Meghalaya accident - Jun 17, 2011
- Six die in Himachal accident - Mar 09, 2011
- Landslide cuts off Mizoram, Manipur and Tripura - Jul 15, 2012
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012
- Six killed in Meghalaya bus accident - Jul 31, 2011
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- 27 killed in Himachal bus accident - Oct 25, 2011
- Seven people killed in Himachal accidents - May 09, 2012
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012