17 men arrested for burning a farmer aliveFebruary 4th, 2010 - 1:35 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 4 (IANS) A locally influential man and his sixteen henchmen, who allegedly burnt alive an upper caste farmer in Bihar’s Kaimur district have been arrested, police said Thursday.
Subhas Ram, the main accused and sixteen others were arrested after they allegedly burnt alive Bhanu Dubey at Sapanautia village in Kaimur district Wednesday.
Ram, who also happens to be the husband of the village body head and is known for his muscle power, along with his henchmen burnt alive Dubey Wednesday afternoon in the presence of hundreds of villagers.
“Dubey, 32, was tied to a cot and was set on fire after kerosene was poured on him in broad day light in the presence of villagers, who did not dare save him,” a police official said.
According to police sources, Dubey was busy working in his field when Ram, along with his armed men, came in a jeep and three motorcycles and caught him.
Kaimur Superintendent of Police P.K. Srivastava said that Dubey had filed a case to remove encroachment on the approach road to the village.
- Gangster Suri murder accused Bhanu arrested (Lead) - Apr 21, 2012
- Man burnt alive for alleged extra-marital affair - Nov 30, 2009
- Gangster Suri murder accused Bhanu arrested - Apr 21, 2012
- Driver burnt alive by angry mob in Bihar - Apr 26, 2012
- Kerosene mafia attack police team in Nagpur - Feb 01, 2011
- Suri murder accused owns lands worth Rs.140 crore - May 04, 2012
- Cop burnt alive by mob in Rajasthan - Mar 18, 2011
- Man burns mother alive in Haryana - Feb 01, 2011
- Telugu film producer arrested in Chennai - Jun 24, 2011
- Bihar college teacher arrested for stealing vehicles - Nov 04, 2009
- Man burns wife, children alive - Sep 03, 2011
- Breakthroughs in Rajasthan nurse case, two held (Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- Teenager kills, burns parents in Haryana - May 14, 2012
- Woman burnt alive over land dispute - Apr 05, 2011
- Nitish development claims non-existent: CPI-ML - Apr 29, 2012