17 killed, 25 injured in Gurgaon building collapseMay 18th, 2008 - 12:47 pm ICT by admin
Gurgaon, May 18 (IANS) At least 17 labourers were killed and nearly 30 others injured when a wall of an warehouse under construction collapsed in a locality on the outskirts of this Haryana city adjoining Delhi. Police officials at the site said the wall fell on the temporary huts of the labourers and their families.
The incident took place in Farooq Nagar area Saturday night when a squall hit Delhi and its adjoining areas. The injured were rushed to a government hospital in Gurgaon.
Families of the victims rued that no official of the Gurgaon district administration or rescue services reached the spot for several hours.
The police have registered a case against Kalpana Constructions, the private agency involved in the construction of the warehouse.
Police said the wall seemed not to be of adequate width despite its height because of which it collapsed in strong winds.
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012
- Two children die in wall collapse - Sep 05, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad - Jul 21, 2012
- Labourer killed as wall collapses - May 24, 2011
- 7 workers injured in factory accident - Dec 10, 2011
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012
- Seven die in fire near Hyderabad - Feb 18, 2012
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Six killed in wall collapse - Jan 04, 2011
- Two dead, three injured in building collapse in Delhi - Jul 24, 2012
- Three killed in Agra wall collapse - Jun 05, 2010
- Two die in Delhi wall collapse - Sep 21, 2011
- Heavy rains kill nine in Hyderabad, many colonies submerged (Second Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Five killed in Chhattisgarh power plant accident - Jul 21, 2012