17 injured in train derailment in Tamil NaduMarch 20th, 2008 - 6:07 pm ICT by admin
Kanyakumari, March 20 (IANS) Seventeen people were injured when seven coaches of the Madurai-Kollam passenger train were derailed between Valliyur and Aralvaimozhi stations in the district in the early hours of Thursday. The incident occurred around 4 a.m. All the injured were admitted to the Nagercoil Government Medical College Hospital and the Diraviyam Hospital in Nagercoil.
Divisional Railway Manager, Thiruvananthapuram, Titus P. Koshy is supervising the rescue and relief operations, Southern Railway sources said.
Train traffic in the Tirunelveli-Nagercoil section, about 900 km south of Chennai, was severely affected during the first half of the day following the derailment.
- 12 injured as passenger train derails in Tamil Nadu - Mar 20, 2008
- Rail traffic affected at Ambala after derailment - Jan 05, 2012
- 25 injured after train derails in central India - May 10, 2011
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- 26 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Second Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails near Rohtak (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- 20 injured as Punjab Mail derails - May 06, 2012
- Train hits road roller, derails; passengers safe - Feb 27, 2011
- One killed in Maharashtra train accident, probe ordered - Jul 20, 2012
- Six wagons of coal-laden goods train derail in UP - Jun 20, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Iron-ore laden coaches derail in Chhattisgarh - May 21, 2012
- Rail link partially restored, probe starts - Aug 01, 2011
- Three dead as blast derails train in Pakistan - Aug 29, 2012