17 dead in China road accidentAugust 6th, 2011 - 3:24 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 6 (IANS) At least 17 people died and four were injured in a road accident in east China’s Jiangxi province Saturday, Xinhua reported.
The accident occurred when a semi-trailer truck rear-ended another one and rolled over to the opposite lane on the Shanghai-Kunming expressway at around 4.30 a.m.
The truck was then hit by a lorry, which turned on its right side and collided with a passenger van, said traffic police.
Twelve people, including nine travelling by the van, died at the accident site while five others died in hospital, said police.
- 17 killed in road accident in east China - Aug 06, 2011
- 51 dead in China road, rail accidents (Lead) - May 23, 2010
- 12 cars collide in China, three dead - Feb 27, 2012
- 13 killed in China road accident - Jan 03, 2012
- Man held for killing two while 'sleep-driving' - Feb 07, 2012
- North China expressway accident kills 35 - Oct 08, 2011
- 13 dead in China road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- Eight killed in Maharashtra accident - May 28, 2011
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- Family of 12 killed in van-truck crash in China (Lead) - Aug 20, 2012
- Six dead in Bengal road accident - Apr 22, 2012
- 42 killed in China road, rail accidents (Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Seven killed in Turkish road accident - Aug 02, 2012
- 27 dead in road accidents in China - Sep 04, 2010
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011