150 shanties gutted in fire, two burnt to deathJune 22nd, 2009 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) Two people, including a three-year-old girl, were burnt to death in a fire that gutted at least 150 shanties in east Delhi Monday, an official said.
The victims were identified as Muskan and 45-year-old labourer Shehzad. The fire broke out in the slums of Vishwas Nagar, behind the Karkardoma courts complex around 2.30 p.m. Monday, police said.
According to the officials, a couple of gas cylinders kept in the shanties also went off, which further resulted in spreading the flames. At least 18 fire fighting engines were pressed into the service and fire could only be controlled around 6 p.m. Over 150 shanties, however were gutted in the fire.
“The cause of fire is being ascertained,” said a police officer.
- 70 shanties gutted in fire - Feb 03, 2012
- 100 shanties gutted in Delhi fire (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Fire at slum cluster in Delhi - Jun 22, 2012
- Fire guts 200 shanties in Bangladesh - Feb 19, 2012
- One killed, 150 shanties gutted in fire - Apr 21, 2009
- Firefighter dies dousing flames in Delhi - Oct 06, 2010
- LIC office in Lucknow gutted - Sep 14, 2012
- Four children killed in Delhi slum fire (Lead) - Jan 06, 2010
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- Two children killed in cylinder blast - Mar 31, 2010
- 4 killed, 2 injured in north Delhi fire - Apr 20, 2012
- Candle factory goes up in flames - Jan 17, 2011
- 11 injured in Delhi cylinder blast (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Nine people killed in factory fire - Apr 28, 2011
- Massive fire engulfs Pune slum - May 03, 2010