15 students injured as truck hits school bus in Uttar PradeshFebruary 28th, 2011 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Ballia (Uttar Pradesh), Feb 28 (IANS) At least 15 students were injured, four of them critically, when their school bus overturned after being hit by a speeding truck here Monday, police said.The accident took place in Haldi town when the truck ploughed into the bus of Sacred Heart Public School.
“The collision was an intense one after which the school bus overturned. With the help of the locals, the students trapped inside the bus were rescued,” police inspector Manoj Kumar told reporters in Ballia, some 300 km from Lucknow.
“The injured students are being treated at a hospital, where the condition of four is stated to be serious,” he added.
“The injured students are in the age group of 8-12 years,” he added.
Police are yet to nab the driver of the truck who escaped after the accident.
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jan 21, 2011
- One killed, 21 students injured in accident - Oct 03, 2011
- 25 hurt as school bus overturns - Sep 29, 2011
- Cyclist killed, 12 kids hurt as school bus overturns - Oct 05, 2010
- Two students killed as truck rams into school bus - Jan 28, 2011
- 18 school kids injured as bus overturns - Sep 12, 2011
- School girl dead, four students hurt as bus runs over them - Aug 05, 2010
- 24 students injured in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- Child killed as school bus overturns in Uttar Pradesh - Aug 31, 2010
- Eight students injured in accident - Feb 19, 2011
- 30 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh accident - Nov 12, 2010
- 12 students injured as school bus overturns - Jul 24, 2010
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident (Lead) - Feb 11, 2012
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011