15 passengers injured in emergency evacuation of Jet flightAugust 28th, 2010 - 12:43 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 27 (IANS) At least 15 passengers were injured during an emergency evacuation of a Jet Airways flight on which there was a fire alarm Friday night, officials said.
The Jet Airways Mumbai-Chennai flight 9W-2302 was scheduled for departure around 9 p.m. when there was a fire indicator from one of its engines,
The flight commander aborted plans and declared a precautionary emergency following the fire alarm from the left engine of the aircraft.
The incident occurred when the flight was on the taxiway prior to take-off, and emergency evacuation of the 130 passengers on board was effected, said the official.
During the emergency evacuation exercise using chutes for sliding down, at least 13 passengers sustained minor injuries, while two sustained fractures, airport officials said.
While one passenger who sustained a fracture has been admitted to a private hospital, the second was rushed to Nanavati Hospital, Vile Parle.
The passengers were treated by doctors at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.
An airline spokesperson confirmed that the injuries to passengers was during the emergency evacuation procedure, but none were of a serious nature.
A thorough check later revealed that there were no visible traces of any fire in the engine.
The airline did not say when the flight would be rescheduled for departure to Chennai.
- 25 hurt as Jet flight evacuated, no trace of fire - Aug 28, 2010
- We regret incident, evacution in fliers' interest: Jet Airways - Aug 28, 2010
- Jet Airways pilot and crew members suspended following incident in Mumbai - Aug 28, 2010
- Jet hauled up for 'serious lapses', 10 staffers suspended - Aug 28, 2010
- Jet Airways aborts flight after smoke in tyre - Feb 17, 2011
- Plane makes emergency landing in London - Apr 16, 2012
- Minor fire in Mumbai-bound flight, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- Russian tourists evacuated from plane in Turkey - Jun 26, 2011
- Turkish Airlines plane skids; Mumbai airport shut till Saturday - Sep 03, 2011
- Gulf Air passenger plane skids off runway in southwest India - Aug 29, 2011
- Malaysian flight makes emergency landing at Delhi airport - Feb 20, 2011
- Flight enters 'wrong taxiway', passengers safe - Apr 06, 2011
- Crazed staffer flees from emergency chute after F-word tirade against passenger - Aug 10, 2010
- Air India flight makes emergency landing - Aug 30, 2011
- Kingfisher tops in unused flight slots, says Ravi - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: 9w, airline, airport officials, chennai, chhatrapati shivaji international airport, chutes, emergency evacuation procedure, evacuation exercise, fire alarm, flight commander, fracture, fractures, friday night, jet airways, jet flight, minor injuries, private hospital, spokesperson, taxiway, visible traces