15 militants killed in AfghanistanSeptember 7th, 2008 - 2:02 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Sep 7 (Xinhua) Police backed by the US-led coalition forces killed 15 Taliban militants during a mop-up operation Sunday in the eastern Afghan province of Khost and arrested two.Abdul Qayum Bakizai, the province’s deputy police chief, told reporters that the combined forces engaged the militants in Sabari district of Khost province early Sunday morning.
“Fifteen militants were killed and two were arrested on the spot,” Bakizai said, adding “twenty rifles were also seized by the joint forces during the operation.”
There was no immediate comment from the Taliban.
Taliban insurgents who staged a violent comeback three years ago have intensified their activities targeting Afghan and international troops across Afghanistan to mount pressure on the government.
Conflicts and spiralling insurgency have claimed over 3,700 people’s lives, mostly militants, so far this year.
- Afghan police kill 17 Taliban militants - Jul 31, 2012
- Seven Taliban killed, 18 held in Afghanistan - Feb 12, 2012
- 42 Taliban killed, 37 held in Afghanistan - Dec 04, 2011
- Five militants killed, 22 held in Afghanistan - Feb 27, 2012
- Taliban leader, five others killed in Afghanistan (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- 14 militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 10, 2011
- 15 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Dec 31, 2011
- 42 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jun 17, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- 11 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Sep 09, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan insurgent attack - Nov 12, 2011
- 14 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 14, 2012
- Seven militants killed in Afghanstan - Mar 18, 2012
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Kabul fighting over - Apr 16, 2012