15 killed in Philippine road accidentAugust 15th, 2008 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
Tagum City (The Philippines), Aug 15 (DPA) Fifteen people were killed Friday when a cargo truck they were riding in fell on its side in a southern Philippine province, an official said. Fourteen people were also injured in the accident in Monkayo town in Compostela Valley province, 930 km south of Manila, according to provincial social welfare officer Josephine Frasco.
Frasco said the truck, which was carrying vendors from the gold mine area in nearby Mount Diwalwal, fell on its side while traveling downhill in the village of Upper Ulip.
“Five people died on the spot while the rest of the fatalities died while being treated in the hospital,” she said.
Frasco said most of the fatalities were pinned down by the cargo truck. Police investigators were trying to determine the cause of the accident.
- 15 killed in Philippines accident - Jul 04, 2010
- 15 killed as truck rams into house in Indonesia - Jul 13, 2011
- Mexico: 14 sugarcane workers killed in Jalisco truck accident - Apr 07, 2012
- 16 pilgrims killed after truck falls into gorge in India - Jul 28, 2012
- Death toll in Philippine jeepney accident reaches 11 - May 15, 2012
- 44 die in Philippine quake - Feb 06, 2012
- 15 people killed in Philippines road accident - Jun 02, 2010
- Two Indians gunned down in Philippines - Nov 16, 2011
- Three Indians killed in Philippines road accident - Feb 05, 2010
- Bus plunges into ravine in southwest China, killing 15 - Mar 13, 2012
- Six dead in Philippine landslide - Sep 07, 2008
- Twin blasts kill 14 in Afghanistan - Jul 08, 2012
- Death toll in Manila hostage crisis rises to 10 - Aug 24, 2010
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
- 20 killed as bus plunges into ravine in Philippines (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010