15 killed in Jharkhand accidentFebruary 26th, 2009 - 6:10 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Feb 26 (IANS) At least 15 people were killed and 30 more were injured when a bus fell into a valley in Latehar district of Jharkhand Thursday, police said.
“A bus was going to Daltanganj from Mahutand of Latehar district. The driver lost control and the bus fell into Bhaisakad valley,” Latehar district Superintendent of Police Hemant Toppo told IANS over the phone.
“At least 15 people were killed and 30 were injured in the accident,” he added.
The accident took place around 160 km from the state capital.
“Rescue operation are on and the injured have been admitted to a nearby hospital,” he said.
According to sources, 12 bodies have been recovered and rescue operations are on to save people still trapped at the accident site.
- 10 killed as bus falls in stepwell in Maharashtra - Jun 30, 2011
- 10 killed in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Jan 15, 2011
- 18 killed in Shillong accident - Aug 08, 2012
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- Bus with over 30 people falls into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Five killed in Jammu bus accident - Jun 09, 2012
- 22 killed in road accident in southern Pakistan - Nov 13, 2011
- Six die in Jharkhand accident - Dec 25, 2010
- 15 killed in Tamil Nadu train collision: Police - Sep 14, 2011
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 12 children killed as bus falls in canal - Mar 20, 2012
- Four killed, 29 injured in Jharkhand accidents - Dec 07, 2010
- Five missing as bus falls into river in Bengal - Sep 06, 2012