15 killed in Chhattisgarh road accidentJuly 28th, 2008 - 8:07 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 28 (IANS) At least 15 people, including eight women and four children, were killed and 16 injured Monday when a truck they were travelling in turned turtle in a northern district of Chhattisgarh, the police said. The incident took place in Balrampur district, some 500 km from here.
“About 35 labourers boarded a Jharkhand-bound truck loaded with bauxite but the vehicle turned turtle on a hilly stretch in Amajharia after the driver lost control while negotiating a blind turn,” B.N. Meena, district superintendent of police, told IANS over phone.
He said a majority of those killed were local tribal people.
- 10 killed in Bengal accidents - Mar 20, 2011
- Balco's bauxite mining displaces Chhattisgarh tribals - Dec 22, 2011
- Family alleges teen killed in Chhattisgarh staged shootout - Jul 12, 2011
- Five of a family killed in road accident - Sep 05, 2011
- Maoists push farmers to grow marijuana - Aug 17, 2012
- Help for police rampage victims in Chhattisgarh - Mar 25, 2011
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Three pilgrims killed in road accident - Aug 08, 2011
- Eight Maoists gunned down in Chhattisgarh - Feb 03, 2010
- Maoists set on fire iron ore-laden trucks in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Aug 14, 2010
- Maoists kill villager, blast Chitrakot police post (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Tribals upset over ban on traditional weapons - Aug 31, 2012
- Maoists kill six CISF troopers, driver in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Maoists kill ITBP jawan in Chhattisgarh gunfight - Jan 28, 2011
- Mother, daughter killed in Maoist attack - Apr 11, 2012