15 killed, 57 hurt in Maharashtra accidentNovember 28th, 2011 - 12:29 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, Nov 28 (IANS) At least 15 people were killed and 57 injured early Monday when two private luxury buses collided in Maharashtra’s Buldana district, police said.
The accident took place around 3.30 a.m. on the Mehkar-Sultanpur stretch of the Aurangabad-Nagpur highway, around 300 km from here, when most passengers were sleeping.
“The vehicles caught fire after the collision and at least 12 passengers were burnt in their seats,” Mehkar Police Station head B.I. Suryawanshi told IANS.
The injured, of whom 20 are reported to be serious, have been rushed to the Mehkar civil hospital.
“The buses belonged to Royal Travels and Soni Travels. One of them was coming from Nagpur and going to Pune while the other was going to Nagpur,” Suryawanshi said.
Locals rushed to assist and helped shift the injured to hospital. The identity of the victims is being ascertained.
- 15 burnt to death, 57 hurt in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - Nov 28, 2011
- 10 killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan bus collision - Sep 11, 2012
- 17 pilgrims killed in Maharashtra accident - Mar 17, 2011
- Truck crashes into passenger bus in southern Vietnam, killing 10 - Nov 07, 2011
- 15 dead in Andhra train accident - May 22, 2012
- Eight injured as buses collide in Delhi - Dec 08, 2010
- Indonesia: 14 dead, 40 injured in West Java bus accident - Feb 11, 2012
- DTC buses collide, 17 injured - Oct 01, 2011
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision - Jan 03, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 30 dead in Karnataka bus mishap - May 30, 2010
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh bus tragedy (Lead) - May 19, 2012