15 kgs of heroin recovered in PunjabOctober 19th, 2008 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Oct 19 (IANS) The special narcotics cell of the Punjab Police Sunday arrested two men and recovered 15 kgs of heroin from them.The drug haul, valued at over Rs.150 million in the international market, was made following a tip-off, Senior Superintendent of Police P.K. Sinha said. The consignment was seized near a bus stand here.
The two arrested, Harpal Singh and Harjit Singh, are known drug smugglers of Punjab’s border districts of Ferozepur and Tarn Taran.
They have been booked under the NDPS Act (Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act) and were being interrogated for their links with Pakistan-based smugglers.
Police officials said the drugs consignment was smuggled from the international border in Ferozepur district and was meant to be sent to buyers in Delhi and Mumbai.
- Drug peddler held in capital - Jan 13, 2011
- Indian soldier held with drugs - May 17, 2011
- Man held with 23 kg opium in Punjab - Jul 11, 2011
- 75 kg of heroin seized in Punjab - Apr 06, 2011
- Drug smuggler arrested in Rajasthan - Dec 18, 2011
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Five held with heroin worth Rs.1 crore - Aug 24, 2010
- Police seize 2 kg heroin, 1 arrested - Sep 15, 2010
- Corruption charge filed against embezzling official - Feb 25, 2011
- 500 kg cannabis seized, three held - Aug 08, 2010
- Cop held in Goa drug nexus case - Oct 07, 2011
- Inter-state drug gang busted, heroin worth Rs.2 crore seized - Nov 16, 2010
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- US national arrested with drugs in Goa - Aug 03, 2011