15 arrested as mob ransacks export unit in GhaziabadMarch 30th, 2009 - 11:32 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, March 30 (IANS) Fifteen people were arrested when a mob of workers of a factory ransacked its unit here along with another manufacturing facility, the police said Monday.
The incident occurred Monday morning at the Parker Overseas unit at Sahibabad. A mob of around 150 workers ransaxked the first abnd second floors of the building.
The police said that 12 people were injured. But all the injuries were self inflicted as the they occured when the mob broke windows glasses and other materials.
According to an official of Parker Overseas, some of these workers had joined a labour union whose office is situated just a little distance away from the unit.
Ram Naresh, an office-bearer of the labour union, however, said: “Our body had no role in the violence. We condemn this attack. None of the workers who were part of the mob was our member. We never provoked anyone”.”
Rahul Srivastava, circle officer Indirapuram police station, said,”A compromise was brokered between the management and workers in December last year. Following this, 11 workers were reinstated except one. The workers had their own vested interests. We are investigating the whole matter and have arrested 15 people.”
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- 10 Maruti union leaders arrested - Aug 01, 2012
- Residents protest police action against councillor - Sep 30, 2011
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
- CPI-M worker killed during Kerala shutdown (Lead) - Aug 02, 2012
- New union officials to negotiate Hyundai wage agreement - Feb 07, 2012
- 51-kg ladoo for Ajit Singh's entry into union cabinet - Dec 18, 2011
- Hyundai workers gear up for negotiated settlement - Jan 28, 2012
- Talks on suspended workers fail at Honda scooters - Aug 08, 2012
- Subramanian Swamy's house compound vandalised - Aug 07, 2011
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- JKCA internal probe clears Abdullah of hand in scam - Jul 18, 2012
- Sacked Hundai workers detained, hunger-strike foiled - Nov 30, 2011
- Hyundai workers want union recognition decided on ballot - May 16, 2011
- One killed in fire at Maruti car plant - Jul 19, 2012