142 file nominations for first phase of Jammu and Kashmir pollsOctober 31st, 2008 - 11:43 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar/Jammu, Oct 31 (IANS) Filing of nominations ended Friday for the first phase of the seven-phase elections to the Jammu and Kashmir state assembly to be held Nov 17. A total of 142 candidates filed their nomination papers for 10 seats - seven in the Kashmir Valley and three in Poonch in Jammu region. While 96 candidates filed for seven seats in Kasmhir Valley, 46 filed for three seats in Poonch region in Jammu.
In the Kashmir Valley, nominations were filed for Gurez, Bandipore, Sonawari, Leh, Nobra, Kargil and the Zanskar assembly constituencies.
In the Poonch region, Poonch-Havelli, Surankot and Mendhar constituencies will go to polls in the first phase.
- Voting begins in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 17, 2008
- Election process kicks off in Jammu and Kashmir - Oct 24, 2008
- Record 102 candidates in fray for Jammu and Kashmir first phase (Curtain Raiser) - Nov 16, 2008
- Jammu and Kashmir set for elections amid tight security (Lead) - Nov 16, 2008
- Voting ends peacefully in Jammu and Kashmir - Nov 17, 2008
- Notification for first phase of Jammu and Kashmir polls issued - Oct 24, 2008
- Voters in Kashmir defy winter chill, separatists (Second Lead) - Nov 17, 2008
- Voting on in Jammu and Kashmir amid tight security (Lead) - Nov 17, 2008
- Poll staff, security in place for Monday's voting - Nov 16, 2008
- Kashmir poll begins on dull note due to cold - Nov 17, 2008
- Defying separatists, Jammu and Kashmir sees 64 percent polling (Second Intro Roundup) - Nov 18, 2008
- Jammu and Kashmir voters warm up to polls in winter chill (Intro Roundup) - Nov 17, 2008
- Jammu and Kashmir voters warm up to elections in winter chill (Roundup) - Nov 17, 2008
- Kashmir voters defy separatists, turn up in large numbers (Third Lead) - Nov 17, 2008
- 64 percent voter turnout in Jammu and Kashmir (Lead) - Nov 18, 2008