141 fined for drunken driving in DelhiAugust 24th, 2008 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 24 (IANS) As many as 141 people were penalised for drunken driving in 24 hours ending Sunday evening as Delhi Police launched a special drive to curb the crime, an official said.“We have penalised 141 people so far for drunken driving under a special drive,” the official said.
The Delhi traffic police have been undertaking special drives to check wayward drivers. “This time our main focus was on pubs and discos, especially in New Delhi area,” the official added.
On May 17, the traffic police had conducted a special drive and fined 295 people for dangerous driving. As many as 142 people were then penalised for drunken driving and 82 for jumping the red signal at traffic lights.
- Six people killed in accidents on Holi (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Holi revellers warned against breaking traffic rules - Mar 19, 2011
- Traffic violators must pay more: Delhi police chief - Jan 07, 2011
- Drunken driving: Chandigarh court sets a precedent - Jun 24, 2011
- 777 people fined for drunk driving - Mar 08, 2012
- No mixing drinking and driving, revellers warned - Dec 31, 2011
- Sans traffic lights, chaos on Jammu, Srinagar roads (Letter from Kashmir) - Dec 30, 2011
- Delhi drive: 543 commercial vehicles prosecuted - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi Police gear up to tackle Holi hooliganism - Mar 19, 2011
- Holi claims seven lives on Delhi roads - Mar 09, 2012
- Metro collects over Rs.70,000 in fines from men in women's coaches - Feb 25, 2012
- Delhi Police beefs up security ahead of New Year celebrations - Dec 31, 2010
- We'll soon free city of dangerous drivers: Delhi Police - Mar 22, 2012
- Drunken driving top road killer: Report - Jul 31, 2012
- Disco-loving cops colour Chandigarh crime scene - Dec 14, 2011