14 school kids critically injured in Ghaziabad auto crashApril 9th, 2009 - 10:04 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad, April 9 (IANS) As many as 14 children aged between four to six years were critically injured here Thursday when the autorickshaw they were travelling in collided with a speeding car being driven by a teenage girl, the police said.
The children, mostly studying in prep and kindergarten classes of the Ingraham Institute School at Raj Nagar were returning to their homes at around 11 a.m. Thursday when a speeding car driven by a sixteen-year-old girl collided with the autorickshaw.
According to eye witnesses, the car was coming from Kamla Nehru Nagar towards the Hapur Road. The girl apparently lost control and collided with the autorickshaw.
Fourteen school children, the driver of the autorickshaw, and the teenage girl were injured in the accident. They were all taken to the hospital where the condition of the children and the autorickshaw driver was said to be critical. The teenage girl was discharged after being provided first aid, the police said.
“The children are in a critical condition. For little children like these, even such injuries could be fatal. We are treating them and are keeping them in constant care,” a doctor at the hospital said.
The police is yet to register a case in this regard.
Kavi Nagar station officer Gajendra Singh said: “We are yet to receive any complaint in the case. We are asking the children’s families to submit a formal complaint for us to register an FIR (first information report) and initiate action. The car the girl was driving has been impounded.”
- MBA student crushed to death - Feb 15, 2012
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Speeding BMW car crushes two people - Feb 12, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Two critical in Mumbai drunk driving accident - Apr 01, 2012
- Two kids hit by car, injured, parents accuse official's kin - Jul 10, 2009
- Five-year-old crushed under speeding truck - May 10, 2011
- Parents of man who filed gangrape complaint scared for his safety - Feb 07, 2011
- Three mowed down by speeding vehicle - Aug 23, 2011
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Delhi's killer roads: Recalling some major accidents - Feb 20, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Class 2 student killed in road accident - Dec 04, 2011
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- Ghaziabad accident claims 7 lives - Aug 23, 2011