14 Pakistani troopers killed in bomb attackJanuary 12th, 2012 - 5:24 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Jan 12 (IANS) At least 14 Pakistani troopers were killed Wednesday night in a bomb attack.
The explosion hit their two vehicles while they were patrolling the Balida area of Balochistan province.
The victims were members of the Frontier Corps.
Several others who were injured were shifted to a nearby hospital, reports Xinhua.
A gunfight broke out between the security forces and the militants after the blast.
The Baloch Liberation Front, a militant group, claimed responsibility for the attack.
- 13 killed, 21 injured in Pakistan car bombing (Lead) - Dec 31, 2011
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Three killed in Pakistan blast - Feb 13, 2012
- Balochistan CM strongly condemns killings of eleven people by gunmen in Gwadar - Mar 22, 2011
- Pakistani minister escapes bomb attack - Oct 15, 2011
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- 68 dead, 80 hurt in twin suicide blasts in Pakistan (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- 25 killed, 55 injured in Pakistan bombings - Sep 07, 2011
- 15 killed in Pakistan's Quetta city blast - Dec 31, 2011
- Karachi blast kills one, injures 20 (Lead) - Jul 11, 2012
- On Pakistan Independence Day, blasts, accidents kill 39 (Lead) - Aug 14, 2011
- 68 dead, 80 hurt in Pakistan twin bombings (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Four policemen killed in Pakistan - Jun 09, 2012
- Four die in Peshawar suicide bombing (Fourth Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Pakistan car blast kills trooper; eight injured (Second Lead) - Jun 20, 2010