14 killed in Tamil Nadu bus accidentSeptember 5th, 2011 - 11:41 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 5 (IANS) Fourteen people were killed and several others were injured Monday when two buses collided head-on near Tiruchirapalli in Tamil Nadu, officials said.
Expressing her condolence to the grieving relatives, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa has ordered compensation of Rs.100,000 to each victim’s family.
According to a statement issued by the government here Monday, a Tamil Nadu state transport bus collided head-on with a private bus that was travelling from Puducherry to Thiruvanthapuram.
Seven seriously injured were admitted to the government hospital in Tiruchirapalli, some 320 km from here.
- Protest against Sri Lankan tourists near Trichy - Sep 04, 2012
- Jayalalithaa condoles deaths in Nepal air crash - Sep 25, 2011
- Ten burnt to death in bus-lorry collision in Tamil Nadu - Sep 08, 2010
- Sasikala's brother arrested in Tamil Nadu - Feb 03, 2012
- 175 Sri Lankan tourists to return following protests (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
- 22 charred to death in Tamil Nadu bus accident (Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Jayalalithaa condoles minister's death - May 23, 2011
- Chennai college student dead in Nepal bridge collapse - Oct 23, 2011
- Another Chennai student dies in Nepal accident - Oct 23, 2011
- PM, Jayalalithaa condole deaths in train fire (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Former DMK minister held in land grab case - Aug 25, 2011
- Chinese province school buses to have GPS - Feb 24, 2012
- 10 killed, 25 injured in Rajasthan bus collision - Sep 11, 2012
- Get compensation to families of Indian fishermen: Jayalalithaa (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- 17 killed, several injured in Tamil Nadu bus accident - Dec 02, 2010