14 killed in Bangladesh road accidentFebruary 21st, 2008 - 7:12 pm ICT by admin
Dhaka, Feb 21 (Xinhua) At least 14 people were killed and 15 injured Thursday when a bus collided with another in Bangladesh’s Cox’s Bazar district, some 400 km southeast of Dhaka. The police said the victims were garment workers. They were travelling from southeastern Chittagong to Ramu sub-district under Cox’s Bazar.
The accident happened around 11 a.m.
According to eyewitnesses, the bus, after hitting the other vehicle, skidded off into a ditch and hit an electric pole.
Many passengers were electrocuted while trying to escape through windows.
All the injured were admitted to a nearby hospital and the condition of two is stated to be critical, the police said.
- 26 school kids killed in Bangladesh accident - Jul 11, 2011
- Six killed, 45 wounded in bangladesh in road accidents - Jul 19, 2011
- Lightning kills 10 in Bangladesh - Aug 11, 2012
- 43 school kids killed in Bangladesh accident (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Four children killed as school bus-train collide - Jul 30, 2012
- 13 tourists killed in New York accident - Mar 13, 2011
- Three dead, dozens injured in police firing in Bangladesh - Dec 13, 2010
- 25 die of electrocution in Madhya Pradesh bus accident - May 14, 2010
- High voltage current kills 25 bus passengers (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- 14 killed in Bangladesh bus accident - Aug 14, 2009
- 90 die in Bangladesh floods, landslides - Jun 27, 2012
- Five killed in Nepal road accident - Apr 07, 2012
- Train crash kills at least 19, injures hundreds in central Bangladesh - Dec 08, 2010
- 28 electrocuted as high voltage wire falls on bus (Second Lead) - May 14, 2010
- 22 killed in road accident in southern Pakistan - Nov 13, 2011