14 killed in accident on Mumbai-pune expresswayMay 4th, 2008 - 3:51 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, May 4 (IANS) Fourteen people were killed and five injured when the jeep they were travelling in collided with a truck on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway Sunday morning, police said. The accident occurred around 4.30 a.m. near Shedung village, a police official said.
The jeep, carrying members of a marriage party from Western Maharashtra’s Satara district, rammed into the tanker which was either stationary or had slowed down near Panvel, the official said.
The jeep was moving towards Vashi area of the satellite town of Navi Mumbai for a wedding. All casualties are reported to be hailing from Chavneshwar village in Satara district, the police said.
- 16 killed in SUV-truck crash on Mumbai-Pune Expressway (Lead) - May 04, 2008
- 15 died in jeep-truck collision on Mumbai-Pune expressway - May 04, 2008
- Six-hour jam on Mumbai-Pune expressway after gas leak - Sep 06, 2012
- Eight killed in Maharashtra accident - May 28, 2011
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Third lead) - May 28, 2012
- 27 killed, 29 injured in Maharashtra accident (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 27 killed in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Two killed in multiple crash on Mumbai-Pune Expressway - Apr 14, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Mumbai-Pune tragedy could have been averted: IRF - May 29, 2012
- Eight killed in Haryana accident - Aug 26, 2012
- Ex-judge to probe police firing deaths near Pune - Aug 10, 2011
- Three minor quakes in Maharashtra, Gujarat (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- Five dead as car falls into Maharashtra river - Nov 21, 2010
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012