14 kg heroin seized at Attari railway stationJanuary 27th, 2009 - 2:19 pm ICT by IANS
Amritsar, Jan 27 (IANS) Nearly 14 kg of heroin worth Rs.140 million was seized from three people, including two women, at the Attari railway station Tuesday, a customs official said.The three people, from Muzaffarnagar in Uttar Pradesh, have been arrested.
They arrived on the Samjhauta Express and were carrying the drugs consignment from Pakistan, the official alleged.
The Attari railway station, on the India-Pakistan border, is nearly 30 km from here.
- Sharp hike in heroin smuggling across Punjab border - Aug 21, 2012
- Three smugglers held with drugs, fake currency in Amritsar - Jul 04, 2012
- Major drugs haul along India-Pakistan border - Jan 29, 2009
- BSF recovers 23 kg heroin from Punjab border - Feb 04, 2012
- BSF seizes 12 kg of heroin on Punjab border - Apr 24, 2012
- BSF recovers heroin, fake currency from Pakistan border - Dec 01, 2011
- 12 kg heroin seized in Amritsar, 3 arrested - Aug 29, 2011
- BSF kills intruder in Punjab, 17 kg heroin seized - Jan 18, 2012
- Punjab drug scene hits a new 'high' - Nov 22, 2010
- Heroin worth Rs.10 crore found 14 months after seizure - Nov 20, 2009
- Drugs, weapons recovered near India-Pakistan border (Lead) - Jan 29, 2009
- 15 kg heroin found near India-Pakistan border - Oct 04, 2011
- BSF kills Pakistani, finds heroin - Feb 23, 2012
- Six foreigners held with heroin worth Rs.11 crore - Aug 05, 2011
- Punjab's drug haul shows it's a safe transit point - Feb 24, 2009