14 disabled children get above 90 percent in Class 12May 21st, 2010 - 5:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 21 (IANS) Fourteen disabled students were among the 199,448 children who secured above 90 percent in the Class 12 Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) exams.
According to an official release Friday, a total of 1,304 students with disability - 249 blind, 41 deaf, 672 physically handicapped, 46 spastic children and 296 with dyslexia - applied for the Class 12 exams this year and 1,273 appeared finally.
Of these, 1,112 children passed and 14 - nine boys and five girls - scored above 90 percent. The overall pass percentage for disabled students is 87.35, up by 17.17 percent from last year’s 70.24.
Of the 14 special children who scored over 90 percent, five are from Chennai where 188 students with disability took the exams. Three children were from the national capital where the highest number - 650 disabled kids - had appeared for the exams. Of the remaining six, three are from Allahabad and three from Ajmer.
The CBSE Class 12 board exam results were declared for the Delhi, Guwahati and Allahabad zones at 8 a.m. Friday. For the Ajmer, Chennai and Panchkula regions, the results were declared Wednesday.
- 11 disabled children score above 90 percent in CBSE exams - May 22, 2009
- Disabled outperform general students in Class 10 CBSE exams - May 28, 2010
- 38 disabled students score above 90 percent in CBSE class 10 exam - May 29, 2009
- Sharjah student tops CBSE results in Delhi region - May 28, 2012
- CBSE to issue more merit certificates this year - May 21, 2010
- CBSE results: Girls outperform boys; Chennai region tops (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- CBSE results: Girls outshine boys, Chennai tops (Second lead) - May 23, 2011
- Drop in pass percentage in CBSE Class 12 exams (Lead) - May 21, 2010
- Girls outshine boys in CBSE class 12 results (Lead) - May 28, 2012
- Fewer cheating cases in Class 12 CBSE exams this year - May 21, 2010
- Girls rule yet again in CBSE Class 10 board exam (Roundup) - May 29, 2009
- Girls outshine boys in CBSE Class 10 exams (Lead) - May 28, 2010
- Girls outshine boys in Class 12 CBSE exam (Second Lead) - May 21, 2010
- CBSE Class 12 results announced - May 21, 2010
- Girl power rules CBSE class 12 board exams (Second Lead) - May 22, 2009
Tags: allahabad, board exam results, board of secondary education, central board of secondary education, chennai, disability, disabled children, disabled kids, disabled students, dyslexia, girls, guwahati, New Delhi, panchkula, s 70, spastic children