13-year-old beaten to death for plucking mangoesMay 4th, 2009 - 1:11 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 4 (IANS) A 13-year-old boy was beaten to death for allegedly plucking mangoes from an orchard in a Bihar village, police said Monday.
Ravi Panda was beaten to death Sunday evening in Bakshaghat near Purnia town, about 400 km from here.
The victim’s father Kamleshwari Paswan said his son was killed by orchard’s owner. “My son’s only crime was that he plucked a few mangoes from their orchard. They mindlessly beat him to death.”
After the news spread in the neighbourhood, hundreds of people protested and demanded action against the accused.
A police officer said that investigation has begun and action will be taken soon.
- Boy killed in Bihar for plucking mangoes - May 25, 2012
- Dalit boy beaten to death for collecting wood from orchard - Aug 17, 2012
- Woman killed in Bihar for getting drunk - Jun 21, 2012
- Desire for litchis proves fatal for 12-year-old - May 12, 2009
- Man accused of killing CPI-M leader murdered - Mar 10, 2012
- Case filed over assault on killer Bihar teacher - Jan 09, 2011
- Two killed in Bihar for practicing witchcraft - Jul 06, 2012
- Bihar scribes demand release of arrested editor - Jan 10, 2011
- Rail official killed in Bihar - Aug 08, 2012
- Editor's arrest questioned in Bihar legislator murder case - Jan 08, 2011
- Bihar legislator stabbed to death by woman - Jan 04, 2011
- Police station chief arrested in Bihar for custodial death - Jun 16, 2012
- Woman kills Bihar legislator who allegedly raped her (Third Lead) - Jan 04, 2011
- New Delhi politicos to feast on Bihar fruits - Jun 03, 2011
- Five die during Holi in Bihar - Mar 21, 2011