13 people die in lightning strikes in BiharJuly 28th, 2011 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, July 28 (IANS) Thirteen people, including women and children, were killed by lightning across Bihar Thursday in a single day, an official said.
“Ten people have been killed by bolts of lightning in Kaimur district followed by two in Purnia and one in Patna,” a state Disaster Management Department official said.
Over a dozen people sustained burn injuries, he added.
The state government has announced a compensation of Rs.1 lakh each for the victims’ kins.
Lightning strikes during the monsoon are common in Bihar.
Last month, over three dozen people were killed by lightning in north Bihar.
- Lightning kills 20 in Bihar - Jul 11, 2010
- Lightning kills 17 in Bihar - Aug 25, 2010
- Lightning kills 14 in Bihar villages - Jul 12, 2012
- Lightning kills eight in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 29, 2011
- Lightning kills three in Bihar - Jun 24, 2011
- Storm kills 34, renders thousands homeless in Bihar (Lead) - Apr 14, 2010
- 10 people electrocuted in Bihar - May 13, 2010
- Air crash: Bodies handed over to families (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- 77 killed as powerful storm hits West Bengal, Bihar (Roundup) - Apr 14, 2010
- Storm victims in Bihar await relief, toll reaches 72 - Apr 15, 2010
- Five die during Holi in Bihar - Mar 21, 2011
- Toll in Bihar storm rises to 81 (Lead) - Apr 15, 2010
- Lightning strikes kill 17 in Orissa - Aug 02, 2011
- Storm kills 17 people in Bihar - May 07, 2010
- Air ambulance crash: all 10 bodies recovered - May 26, 2011