13 killed in Jharkhand bus accidentApril 17th, 2008 - 7:44 pm ICT by admin
Ranchi, April 17 (IANS) At least 13 people were killed Thursday when an overcrowded bus, they were travelling in, hit a railing of a bridge in a Jharkhand town, the police said. The bus was coming from Visnupur block to Gumla town in Gumla district when the accident happened near Ghagara block, 130 km from here, according to the police.
Four people died on the spot and nine died on way to hospital, said the police.
Seventeen injured have been admitted to a hospital, where condition of seven was said to be serious.
Three seriously injured persons have been rushed to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) at Ranchi for treatment.
Nearly 55 people were travelling in the bus, which had a capacity for only 30, according to the police.
The victims were all those travelling on the roof of the bus. They were thrown off when the vehicle hit the railing.
The driver managed to run away, the police said.
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Fourth Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 51 killed, 46 injured as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Third Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Sep 19, 2011
- 42 killed in Nepal bus accident - Oct 13, 2011
- Eight killed in Jharkhand road accident - Dec 16, 2010
- Four killed in Jharkhand bus accident - Apr 17, 2008
- 5 die as bus falls into george in Jammu - Sep 07, 2012
- 40 die as bus falls into Himachal gorge (Second Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- Three dead, nine injured in Jharkhand road accidents - Jan 30, 2011
- 50 hurt in Chhattisgarh bus accident - Jul 20, 2010
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Five dead, 16 injured in Jharkhand bus accident - Sep 29, 2009
- Six killed in Jharkhand accident - Sep 03, 2009
- Six injured as boiler bursts - Jan 22, 2011
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012