13 killed in China coal mine blastOctober 19th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Oct 19 (IANS) At least 13 people were killed in a coal mine blast in western China’ Chongqing municipality, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
The accident took place at Fufa Coal Mine in Dashu township of Fengjie county at about 1.10 p.m. Monday, when 16 miners were working underground, the Chongqing municipal authorities said in a statement.
Nine people died instantly while four people were later found dead, the statement said, adding that at least three miners were rescued.
Rescuers retrieved the bodies of four miners after two days of searches, taking the toll to 13, it said.
Police have detained six people in connection with the accident.
- Four dead in China mine gas blast - Aug 28, 2012
- Six dead in central China coal mine gas leak - Nov 16, 2011
- Toll reaches 28 in China coal mine gas leak - Nov 12, 2011
- China mine explosion toll climbs to 19 - Aug 30, 2012
- Seven trapped Chinese miners found alive - Nov 19, 2011
- China: 11 workers confirmed dead in Changzhi mine accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Twenty-eight miners killed in China's coalmine accident - Jul 18, 2010
- 20 dead in China coal mine gas leak - Nov 10, 2011
- China sacks officials for lapse - Oct 18, 2011
- 53 rescuers pulled out of southwest China mine, 5 workers trapped - Jul 29, 2012
- Four Chinese officials jailed over deadly colliery flood - Feb 26, 2012
- 13 die in China coal mine blast - Mar 12, 2011
- Trapped miner found alive after 17 days - May 19, 2012
- Gas leak in China kills seven - Aug 19, 2011
- Gas explosion at southwest China mine kills at least 7 - Oct 29, 2010