13 killed as boat capsizes in Tamil Nadu lakeDecember 25th, 2011 - 7:46 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Dec 25 (IANS) Thirteen people were killed when a boat with 25 people capsized in Pulicat Lake in Tamil Nadu’s Thiruvallur district near Chennai Sunday, said police. Three were rescued and the rest are still missing.
According to initial information, a group of people hailing from the state capital had gone on a boat ride in the lake in the afternoon. Owing to strong winds and current, the boat capsized and all the passengers fell into the water.
Till now 13 bodies have been recovered.
Fishermen in that area and police are involved in the search and rescue activities.
- Tamil Nadu boat capsize kills 13 (Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- Toll in Tamil Nadu boat accident rises to 15 (Second Lead) - Dec 25, 2011
- 13 die as boat capsizes (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Cyclone Thane kills five in Tamil Nadu, Puducherry (Second Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Bihar boat capsize toll rises to 21 - Sep 11, 2012
- Tourists rescued from capsized boat in Dal Lake - May 12, 2011
- Tamil Nadu gears up for cyclone Thane (Lead) - Dec 29, 2011
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- Jharkhand youth among 2 fishermen drowned near Thane - Mar 10, 2012
- Cyclone Thane makes landfall in Tamil Nadu (Lead) - Dec 30, 2011
- 27 bodies found after Tanzania ferry capsizes - Jul 19, 2012
- No clue of missing fishermen or hit and run ship - Mar 02, 2012
- Boat capsizes in West Bengal, two missing - Jan 19, 2011
- Three drown as overloaded boat capsizes in Bihar - May 22, 2012