13 Jharkhand policemen killed in Maoist ambushJanuary 21st, 2012 - 4:51 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Jan 21 (IANS) Thirteen policemen were killed in a landmine blast and subsequent indiscriminate firing by Maoist rebels in Jharkhand’s Garwah district Saturday, police said.
“Thirteen policemen were killed and two injured in a landmine blast by Maoist militants in the Saro jungle between Burgar and Bhadaria Road police stations of Garwah district on Saturday afternoon,” R.K. Mallik, Jharkhand police spokesperson, told IANS.
According to police, the Maoists had drawn the police into an ambush and after triggering the landmine blast opened indiscriminate firing.
Additional security forces have been rushed to spot.
- Maoists massacre 13 Jharkhand policemen (Second Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- Maoists may undertake major offensive in Jharkhand: Police - Feb 12, 2012
- 11 security men killed, 30 injured in Jharkhand ambush - May 03, 2011
- Five Maoists involved in cop massacre held in Jharkhand - Feb 29, 2012
- Maoists kill CRPF trooper in Jharkhand - Dec 24, 2010
- Maoists shot policemen in head, burnt two - Jan 22, 2012
- Attack meant to reassert Maoist presence in Jharkhand: police - May 04, 2011
- Landmine recovered, truck torched in Jharkhand - Jun 03, 2011
- 67 percent polling, CRPF trooper killed in Jharkhand (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Jharkhand police get hijacked bus, driver's body - Dec 02, 2011
- Six policemen among seven killed in Jharkhand blast - Jan 15, 2010
- 40 landmines recovered in Jharkhand - Feb 01, 2012
- Three Maoists held with claymore mines - Apr 23, 2011
- Policeman killed in gunfight with Maoists - Sep 25, 2010
- Three Jharkhand policemen wounded in landmine blast - Jun 13, 2009
Tags: additional security, ambush, burgar, jan 21, jharkhand, jungle, landmine blast, mallik, maoist, maoist rebels, maoists, militants, police spokesperson, police stations, policemen, saturday afternoon, security forces