13 injured in school room wall collapseSeptember 14th, 2011 - 4:42 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 14 (IANS) At least 13 students were injured, five of them critically, when a wall of their school collapsed in Uttar Pradesh’s Allahabad district Wednesday, police said.
The accident took place in the private Saraswati Vidya Mandir school in Dadauli town where the wall of a storeroom collapsed when students were playing near it.
“Thirteen students, who were trapped under the debris, were rescued with the help of locals. All the injured have been rushed to a hospital,” Deputy Superintendent of Police P.K. Singh told reporters in Allahabad, 200 km from here.
“Five students have suffered head injuries and their condition is stated to be serious,” he added.
Police said most of the injured are students of Class 5. The wall collapsed apparently because of sub-standard construction material used for building the storeroom.
“We have initiated an inquiry against the school management. Strict action will be taken against the school authorities following reports pertaining to the quality of the construction material used for setting up the storeroom,” Singh said.
- 6 children hurt in UP school roof collapse - May 01, 2012
- 13 injured as classroom ceiling collapses - Sep 13, 2010
- Six injured in Uttar Pradesh building collapse - Dec 29, 2010
- One killed in college building collapse - Apr 04, 2011
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Five kids killed as wall collapses - Sep 03, 2011
- Two killed in Delhi wall collapse - Jun 27, 2012
- 24 students injured in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- Two killed as truck hits school van - Nov 05, 2011
- Nine labourers rescued from Delhi parking lot collapse - Oct 30, 2010
- Five hurt in Delhi roof collapse - Dec 04, 2011
- Five killed in Jharkhand wall collapse - Aug 24, 2010
- Three killed in Delhi building collapse (Lead, superseding earlier story) - May 17, 2011
- Student dies as school wall collapses - Dec 21, 2010
- 10 injured as ceiling of building under construction collapses - Nov 22, 2010