13 injured in Delhi fireJune 6th, 2012 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 6 (IANS) As many as 13 people, including a five-year-old girl, suffered burn injuries after a cooking cylinder caught fire in a residential building here Wednesday morning, police said.
The incident took place in a rented accommodation at Jhilmil Colony in east Delhi’s Vivek Vihar around 7.10 a.m.
“All of the victims were rushed to Dr. Hedgewar Hospital where they are recuperating with their burn injuries,” said a police official.
The official informed that only a five-year-old girl who received 70 percent burn injuries is stated to be critical while the others received minor burns.
A fire service official said that the fire broke out after a leak in the cylinder.
“The gas was escaping through the leak. The people received injuries when they attempted to douse the fire to avoid explosion in the cylinder,” said the fire official.
- Girl dies, five injured in Srinagar blaze - Feb 08, 2012
- Five killed in Delhi building collapse - Jan 04, 2012
- Five-year-old raped, dumped - Mar 10, 2011
- Four killed in Mumbai bakery cylinder blasts (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Explosion in illicit gas cylinders warehouse in Maharashtra - Jan 17, 2012
- 4 killed, 2 injured in north Delhi fire - Apr 20, 2012
- Four injured in Delhi cylinder blast now stable (Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- CA student arrested for raping minor in Delhi - Mar 26, 2011
- House collapse kills five in Delhi(Lead) - Jan 04, 2012
- One killed, 12 injured in fire - Mar 02, 2011
- Three kids of family burnt to death in Manipur - Nov 17, 2009
- Couple killed in gas cylinder blast - Feb 16, 2011
- Six prisoners injured in fire - Nov 11, 2011
- Class 4 kid sets junior on fire in Bihar - Sep 17, 2011
- Woman killed in Delhi factory fire - Jan 26, 2011
Tags: delhi fire, east delhi, explosion, fire official, fire service, minor burns, morning police, New Delhi, old girl, police official, rented accommodation, residential building, vivek vihar, wednesday morning