13 injured as classroom ceiling collapsesSeptember 13th, 2010 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 13 (IANS) Twelve Class 4 children and a teacher were injured Monday when the ceiling of their classroom collapsed in Uttar Pradesh’s Saharanpur district, police said.
The accident took place at the private Child Career Public School in Nagla town, about 400 km from here.
“The ceiling of the fourth standard classroom collapsed while the students were taking their lessons. Around 12 students and a teacher were injured after they got buried under the debris,” police inspector Veerpal Singh told reporters in Saharanpur.
“All the injured students are being treated at the district hospital, where the condition of six students is stated to be critical,” he added.
He said the use of substandard construction material could be the reason behind the collapse.
“We definitely cannot rule out this aspect. A joint enquiry along with the officials of the education department has already been initiated,” said the police inspector.
- 10 injured as ceiling of building under construction collapses - Nov 22, 2010
- Teacher dies, 40 students injured as bus overturns - May 05, 2011
- Student dies as ceiling falls - Sep 07, 2010
- Two students killed as water tank bursts - Mar 31, 2011
- 13 injured in school room wall collapse - Sep 14, 2011
- 6 children hurt in UP school roof collapse - May 01, 2012
- Six students killed in UP school roof collapse - Jul 27, 2012
- One killed in college building collapse - Apr 04, 2011
- Student stabs teacher inside classroom - Oct 04, 2011
- Six injured in Uttar Pradesh building collapse - Dec 29, 2010
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Six-year-old girl dies as school gate collapses - Dec 03, 2010
- Student dies as school wall collapses - Dec 21, 2010
- Guard accidentally fires inside college, six injured - Apr 27, 2011
- Eight die in as fireworks unit explodes - Oct 25, 2011