13 held for hooch tragedy in BiharFebruary 20th, 2011 - 1:56 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, Feb 20 (IANS) Thirteen people were arrested in Bihar’s Samastipur district Sunday in connection with a hooch tragedy that claimed nine lives, police said. Over 400 pouches of country-made liquor were seized from them. Seven people, including four women, died at Kashipur locality in Samastipur, about 100 km from here, Saturday and two died Sunday, after consuming spurious country-made liquor.
Nearly half a dozen people are still battling for life.
Ninety bottles of foreign liquor have also been seized from the arrested people.
Samastipur Superintendent of Police Daljit Singh said that more arrests are likely to be made.
An official said the number of illegal liquor shops in Samastipur town have gone up in the last few years.
- Bihar's hooch tragedy toll rises to 11 - Feb 21, 2011
- 13 held for selling illicit liquor in Bihar - Feb 20, 2011
- Major hooch tragedies in India - Dec 15, 2011
- Hooch kills 17 in Andhra (Second Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Hooch kills 12 in Punjab, two held (Third Lead) - Oct 28, 2010
- Spurious liquor kills three in Bihar - Jul 11, 2011
- Glass of death at Rs.10! - Dec 15, 2011
- Toll in Andhra hooch tragedy mounts to 15 (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Two arrested in hooch tragedy in Allahabad - Sep 08, 2010
- Toll in Andhra hooch tragedy rises to 13 - Jan 01, 2012
- Five Maoists held in Orissa - Dec 15, 2010
- Two minors among five Maoists held in Orissa (Lead) - Dec 16, 2010
- Hooch toll rises to 24 in NCR districts (Lead) - Mar 03, 2010
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011