13 Delhi cops discharged in staged shootout caseMay 24th, 2012 - 11:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) A Delhi court Thursday discharged 13 policemen in a case of allegedly killing a suspected gangster in a staged shootout in 2002.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav said: “This court is of the considered opinion that the cognisance against the accused persons in this case cannot be taken. They are accordingly discharged from this case.”
The court released the policemen from the charges of conspiring and murdering alleged gangster Rupender and destroying the evidence.
The accused were discharged after the court accepted a closure report filed by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
Those discharged are sub-inspectors Vinay Tyagi, Atul Tyagi and Satish Rana, head constables Satinder Singh, Neeraj Kumar and Nagender and constables Prem Pal Singh, Raj Kumar, Hari Om, Naresh Pal, Sudhir Kumar, Rustam Ahmi and Upender.
A police team led by Vinay Tyagi raided the house of Rupender alias Kanu Jat at Pandav Nagar in east Delhi Jan 11, 2002. Rupender was killed in the ensuing gun battle.
The probe into the case was given to the CBI after Rupender’s father accused the police of killing him in a staged shootout. The case was registered in 2003 and the probe agency filed a closure report in 2008.
- Court summons 13 Delhi cops in staged shootout case - Aug 06, 2008
- Ex-cop gets bail in Rajasthan staged shootout - Aug 25, 2011
- Six years later, dead end in staged shootout case - Mar 27, 2008
- 18 provident fund scam accused discharged - Jun 07, 2011
- Rajasthan lawmaker discharged in staged shootout case - May 31, 2012
- Court summons six cops over shootout - Aug 27, 2011
- Rajasthan legislator held for 2006 'staged' shootout - Apr 05, 2012
- Custody of senior Rajasthan BJP leader extended - Apr 09, 2012
- Suspended IPS officer's judicial custody extended - Feb 29, 2012
- Rajasthan BJP legislator to be tried for staged shootout - Apr 24, 2012
- Dara Singh case: BJP leader named in charge sheet - Jun 03, 2011
- Four Gujarat cops held for negligence - Oct 09, 2011
- Court extends Rajasthan BJP leader's judicial custody - Apr 16, 2012
- Four Rajasthan cops accused of staged gunfight surrender - Jul 26, 2011
- Rajasthan police officer denied bail in Dara Singh killing - Aug 22, 2012
Tags: ahmi, alias, cbi, central bureau of investigation, closure report, cognisance, constables, delhi cops, delhi court, east delhi, gangster, gun battle, jat, magistrate, may 24, neeraj, New Delhi, police team, policemen, raj kumar