13 dead in China road accidentApril 22nd, 2012 - 6:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, April 22 (IANS) At least 13 people were killed and 21 injured in China’s Jiagnsu province when a tour bus and a truck collided Sunday morning, the provincial government said.
The accident occurred at 9.25 a.m. after a tour bus from Shanghai city drove through the barriers in the middle of the expressway. It collided with a truck coming from opposite direction in the Changshu section of the province’s Yanjiang Expressway, Xinhua reported.
Both vehicles overturned at the scene, the government spokesman said.
According to official reports, 33 passengers were aboard the bus when the accident occurred.
Six bus passengers and the truck driver of the truck were killed instantly, and six other people died after rescue efforts failed.
Among the 21 injured, four were in critical condition.
The cause of the accident is under investigation.
- 21 dead in China road accidents - Jan 12, 2011
- Two killed, 21 hurt in China road accident - Dec 18, 2011
- 27 dead in road accidents in China - Sep 04, 2010
- 47 killed in two China expressway collisions - Aug 26, 2012
- 17 dead in China road accident - Aug 06, 2011
- Minibus carrying preschoolers collides with truck in NW China, killing 20 - Nov 16, 2011
- Nine killed in China bus-truck collision - Dec 10, 2011
- 20 die in China explosion - Jun 29, 2012
- At least 21 killed in Zimbabwe bus accident - Apr 17, 2012
- 13 killed in China road accident - Jan 03, 2012
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 51 dead in China road, rail accidents (Lead) - May 23, 2010
- Five killed in Pakistan road accident - Mar 09, 2012
- At least 32 killed, 21 injured in expressway accident in China - May 23, 2010
- Seventeen killed after bus crash in eastern China - Oct 10, 2010