12,000 fugitive killing suspects held in ChinaDecember 18th, 2011 - 4:01 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Dec 18 (IANS) Police in China have arrested 12,000 runaway suspected killers during a campaign launched just over six months ago, said Ministry of Public Security in an official statement.
During the high-profile crackdown even the fugitives whose whereabouts had remained unknown to police for at least 10 years were arrested, Xinhua quoted the ministry as saying.
Police also managed to apprehend 190 criminals who were on the country’s “most wanted” list.
The ministry attributed part of its success to public tip-offs.
- Chinese police encourage fugitives to surrender online - Dec 20, 2011
- China busts multi-million-dollar fake drugs racket - Nov 29, 2011
- Fake currency worth over $18 mn seized in China - Jul 23, 2012
- China solves 5,600 bank card fraud cases - May 30, 2011
- Over 400 held, fake notes seized in China - Jul 22, 2012
- 17,000 held as China tracks gamblers, drug traffickers - Oct 08, 2011
- Serbia war crimes suspect Mladic may have been held - May 26, 2011
- China extradites British criminal suspect - Nov 07, 2011
- 'Detaining Chinese blogger for mocking officials unlawful' - Jun 29, 2012
- 50 Chinese kids 'rescued' from religious preachers - Jun 06, 2012
- China arrests 2,200 in crackdown on organied gangs - Sep 16, 2011
- 18,000 drug suspects arrested in China - Jun 10, 2011
- Cops turn into robbers in Russia - Jul 14, 2012
- Fugitive Chinese who killed nine shot dead (Lead) - Aug 14, 2012
- '580 Chinese fugitives still at large in foreign countries' - Dec 28, 2010