120 huts gutted in Pakistan fireOctober 29th, 2011 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Oct 29 (IANS) A fire broke out in a shanty town of Pakistan’s port city of Karachi, burning down at least 120 huts and injuring three people, a media report said.
The incident took place Friday in Gulshan-i-Iqbal area, the daily Dawn reported Saturday.
A 70-year-old woman and two children suffered burn injuries.
Police said the fire destroyed 120 huts. Two motorcycles were also burnt.
Fire officials said they managed to save around 200 huts in the area.
A similar incident had taken place in April 2010 in which over 100 huts were gutted.
- Five-year-old girl raped, murdered in Pakistan - Jun 03, 2012
- Eight killed in Karachi - May 06, 2012
- Grenade attack on Karachi departmental store - Jul 29, 2012
- Two baby girls burnt to death - May 09, 2011
- Fire engulfs Karachi's cloth warehouse - Jan 06, 2012
- Karachi violence death toll rises to sixteen in 24 hours - Mar 21, 2011
- Three killed in Karachi - Aug 14, 2011
- Two children killed in cylinder blast - Mar 31, 2010
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- 16 dead in Tripura refugee camp fire - Mar 20, 2011
- Four children killed in Bengal slum fire - Dec 30, 2010
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Three killed in Karachi violence - Jun 15, 2012
- Three killed, 40 hutments gutted in fire - Apr 23, 2011
- Pakistanis kill two shop robbers - Jul 19, 2012