12-year-old Bihar boy cracks IIT-JEEMay 19th, 2012 - 4:38 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, May 19 (IANS) A 12-and-a-half-year-old boy from Bihar has cracked the highly competitive Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE).
Satyam Kumar of Bakhorapur village in Bhojpur district qualified from the Mumbai zone with an all-India rank of 8,137.
“I am happy to crack IIT-JEE but I will not join IIT this year because of my poor rank. I will attempt next year for a good rank,” Kumar told IANS over telephone Saturday.
Kumar said he was keen to develop a software company on the lines of Facebook.
Kumar’s father, Sidhnath Singh, a farmer, is proud of him.
“It is a matter of pride that my son is the youngest to qualify for IIT-JEE,” he said.
Kumar is still awaiting his class 12 results.
According to the father, Kumar passed the Class 10 board exam from Modern School in Kota, Rajasthan.
He said his son was intelligent since early childhood.
“He used to impress everyone with his talent even when he was barely five years old.” This is why, the father said, he sent the boy to Kota for higher education.
“The entire village celebrated his success bursting firecrackers and consuming sweets,” Singh said.
- 12-year-old Bihar boy clears Class 12 after cracking IIT-JEE - May 29, 2012
- 27/30: Bihar's Super 30 shines again in IIT-JEE results - May 18, 2012
- 24 of Bihar's Super 30 crack IIT-JEE this year - May 25, 2011
- Basu plans film on Bihar's 'Super 30' - Sep 18, 2012
- Super 30's IIT-JEE success story brings joy again - May 18, 2012
- Bihar's Super 30 coaching idea wins high praise in Canada - Feb 21, 2012
- Can't quit IIT, reappear in entrance test: Court - Apr 05, 2012
- Give poor students 3 IIT-JEE chances, says Super 30 founder - Jun 09, 2010
- Hat trick for Bihar's Super 30, all students crack IIT - May 26, 2010
- From Punjab to Bihar to IIT, three 'super' stories - May 29, 2011
- IIT-JEE topper aspires to be a civil servant (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- IIT exam panel behind poor student quality: Super 30 founder - Oct 05, 2011
- Bihar's Super 30 features in Canadian newspaper - Jul 24, 2011
- IIT Council's decision hasty: Super 30 founder - Jun 28, 2012
- States unwilling to join new IIT-JEE format - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: cracks, early childhood, entrance examination, firecrackers, higher education, india rank, indian institute of technology, institute of technology, matter of pride, mumbai zone, rajasthan, software company, sweets