12 Uttar Pradesh headmasters face probe for mid-day meal scamAugust 11th, 2008 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 11(IANS) An inquiry has been instituted against 12 headmasters of government schools in Uttar Pradesh for irregularities in providing food to their students under the Mid-day Meal (MDM) scheme sponsored by the central government, officials said Monday. “Till the completion of the inquiry, the headmasters of the 12 schools in Pratapgarh district have been prohibited from executing or undertaking any official work,” Pratapgarh Basic Shiksha Adhikari (BSA) Ashok Nath Tiwari told IANS.
Pratapgarh is about 80 km from here.
There were complaints against the headmasters that they were not providing food to their students under MDM scheme, following which the district administration ordered the inquiry, Tiwari added.
Under the MDM scheme, government schools are to provide lunch to their students.
In Uttar Pradesh, MDM covers about 1,50,000 schools.
- NHRC asks Bihar for report on students' thrashing - Jul 19, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh teachers to face action for mid-day meal anomalies - Jan 10, 2009
- Financial anomalies in meal scheme for schoolchildren - Sep 06, 2008
- 105 schools to face action for mid-day meal irregularities - May 20, 2009
- Uttar Pradesh school replaces Dalit cook with Brahmin - Aug 26, 2009
- Mid-day meals bungle lands 17 Uttar Pradesh principals in soup - Sep 26, 2008
- Mid-Day Meal scheme: action against teachers for irregularities - Nov 05, 2008
- 48 students fall ill after having mid-day meal - Jul 14, 2011
- Headmaster held for molesting girls - Sep 26, 2011
- Girls re-enter schools in Rajouri - Mar 12, 2010
- Action against three Uttar Pradesh schools making students cook meals - Mar 06, 2009
- Students refuse food cooked by Dalits, principal suspended - Jul 09, 2010
- Over 100 students fall ill after medication at health camp - Dec 14, 2010
- Computers to monitor midday meal scheme - Aug 02, 2011
- Non availability of mid day meals affect students attendance in Kathua - Feb 24, 2011