12 NATO soldiers killed in chopper crashMarch 16th, 2012 - 6:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, March 16 (IANS) At least 12 soldiers with the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) were killed Friday in a helicopter crash near here.
The crash took place around 10.45 a.m. in Bagrami district, 10 from Kabul. Ten of the victims were Turkish, said an Afghan official.
The cause of the crash was under investigation, Xinhua reported. But there was no enemy activity in the area.
A witness said the helicopter first hit a house and then caught fire.
- Turkish military helicopter crashes in Kabul, killing 16 - Mar 18, 2012
- NATO chopper crash kills 14 near Kabul (Lead) - Mar 16, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in NATO chopper crash - Jun 06, 2012
- NATO soldier killed in Afghan attack - Jan 22, 2012
- NATO helicopter crashes in southern Afghanistan, killing 11 - Aug 17, 2012
- Four U.S. troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash - Apr 21, 2012
- Six NATO personnel die in Afghan chopper crash - Jan 20, 2012
- Nine killed in Afghan helicopter crash (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- NATO helicopter crashes in Afghanistan - Aug 06, 2011
- Man in Afghan army uniform kills NATO soldier - Feb 01, 2012
- 38 soldiers die in Afghan chopper crash (Lead) - Aug 06, 2011
- NATO chopper crashes in Afghanistan, nine killed - Sep 21, 2010
- Afghanistan to probe NATO airstrike on Pakistan - Nov 28, 2011
- 11 killed in NATO chopper crash in Afghanistan - Aug 16, 2012
- 13 US soldiers die in Kabul bombing - Oct 29, 2011