$12 mn fake health pill racket busted in ChinaFebruary 6th, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Feb 6 (IANS) The Chinese police have busted a counterfeit health pill network worth about $12 million, operating across 13 provinces, the Beijing Times reported.
During raids at five illegal workshops in Hainan province, police found these workshops were producing a men’s health pill that contained Viagra, a medicine for erectile dysfunction, for distribution across China, the China Daily reported citing the report.
Police claimed the gang ring leader was a man surnamed Wang and the products were well-packaged.
Wang had spread the production process at various places in provincial capital Haikou and set up 13 sales distribution centres in provinces.
- Argentine province to produce Viagra for free distribution - Mar 23, 2012
- 14 Chinese kids rescued from human traffickers - Mar 11, 2012
- China jails eight for selling fake sex pills - Nov 09, 2011
- Now, melt-in-the-mouth passion pill for impotence - Mar 22, 2011
- China busts multi-million-dollar fake drugs racket - Nov 29, 2011
- 130,000 evacuated in China floods - Oct 07, 2010
- China cracks down on bogus cigarette dens, 78 held - Nov 14, 2011
- China busts gang for selling gutter oil - May 05, 2012
- 31 abducted infants rescued in China - Jun 01, 2012
- China braces for tropical storm Nock-Ten - Jul 29, 2011
- Napkin counterfeit ring smashed - Aug 22, 2012
- Man surrenders after murdering seven in China - Sep 05, 2011
- 300,000 evacuated as typhoon lands in south China - Sep 29, 2011
- Kidney-transplant ring exposed in China - May 30, 2012
- Doctor selling Vietnam kids to Chinese families - Aug 01, 2011