12 injured in court lock-up blast in JharkhandSeptember 9th, 2008 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
Ranchi, Sep 8 (IANS) Around a dozen prisoners and a police officer were injured when a blast was allegedly triggered in a Jharkhand court lock-up Monday to free an undertrial accused in a murder case, the police said. According to the police, 14 undertrails were brought to Chatra district court and were kept in a lock-up there for a hearing in various crime cases.
The police said, an unknown person who had come to meet one of the undertrials blasted two crude bombs near the lock-up to free Diku Paswan, who is undergoing a trial for his alleged involvement in a murder case.
Paswan and other criminal, the police said, managed to give cops a slip.
Eleven prisoners and an assistant sub inspector Kabir Ali were injured in the blast.
The police have arrested one suspect and a manhunt has been launched to nab the criminals who ran away.
- Four injured as undertrials clash in Delhi court - Jun 09, 2011
- Five undertrials escape in Jharkhand, media faces wrath - Aug 12, 2009
- 10 prisoners escape from Bhopal court lockup - Nov 09, 2010
- Four cops suspended after Maoist undertrials escape - Sep 23, 2009
- Another custodial death in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 08, 2011
- Escaped accused in Tiku murder case caught (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Sadhvi Pragyna seeks protection in jail - Nov 03, 2011
- Prisoner escapes after throwing chili powder on constable - Mar 02, 2011
- Five undertrials escape from Jharkhand court lock-up - Oct 27, 2008
- Pawar attacker in police lock-up - Nov 24, 2011
- Cops eat ice cream with accused, face action - Feb 23, 2011
- Now a luxury police lock-up in Lucknow - Dec 30, 2011
- Prisoner dies while trying to escape from jail - Mar 23, 2010
- Apex court shield against arrest for Mumbai blasts' suspect (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- SHOs now responsible for witness' security in Haryana - May 20, 2012