12 female workers killed in road accidentMay 30th, 2008 - 10:33 pm ICT by admin
Raipur, May 30 (IANS) At least 12 female labourers were killed Friday and 20 others injured in Chhattisarh when a vehicle in which they were travelling overturned, the police said. A Tata 407 truck crowded with about 45 industrial workers turned turtle in Akoli village in Durg district, some 60 km from here, when the driver lost control while negotiating a turn.
The injured, mostly male workers, were rushed to a government hospital at Durg town.
District Superintendent Dipanshu Kabra said the truck was on its way to Raipur’s Siltara industrial area where the victims worked in two sponge iron units. The driver of the vehicle escaped unhurt and fled the spot.
The deaths of female workers belong to poor families sparked tension. About 500 people assembled at the accident site and demanded financial compensation to the families of the deceased.
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for youth's custodial death - Feb 22, 2012
- Man held for burying alive wife, three others - Jan 22, 2012
- Five killed, 20 injured in Rajasthan - Apr 13, 2012
- Father throws newborn girl into river in Chhattisgarh - Sep 18, 2009
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Eight killed in Chhattisgarh van-truck collision - May 11, 2011
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Chhattisgarh cop suspended for custody death (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- Five of family killed in Maharashtra accident - Jun 20, 2011
- Vehicle in Andhra governor's convoy overturns, cop killed - Jun 16, 2011
- Two die in Yamuna Expressway accident - Aug 31, 2012
- Eight students among 12 killed in Haryana road accident - Apr 28, 2011
- Three Lucknow students die in accident - Sep 05, 2012
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011