115,000 forms sold for 49,000 DU seatsJune 10th, 2009 - 6:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 10 (IANS) Over 115,000 forms - more than double the seats in Delhi University colleges - have been sold for admission to various graduate courses. And students continue to flood the information centres of the varsity.
“In total 115,149 forms were sold at 16 centres spread across the capital till Tuesday evening,” deputy dean students’ welfare Seema Parihar told IANS.
The sale and receipt of forms for admission into 47 courses and 63 colleges will be open till June 15 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
“While only 49,000 seats are offered by the university, the response of the students has been great. And still there are five more days to go,” said Parihar.
The streets of the varsity’s campuses in the north and the south of the city appeared flooded with aspirants and parents making their way to the various centres and colleges.
Only 230 forms for students applying through the physically handicapped category have been filled. There are 1,500 seats reserved for the handicapped category.
“Year after year the number of forms filled for the physically abled category is decreasing. More than half the seats go waste every year,” added Parihar.
Special help desks have been set for the specially abled aspirants in the arts faculty area of the university. Counsellors have also been deployed at each desk to help out candidates in filling the forms.
- Delhi University begins sale of admission forms - Jun 04, 2012
- Nearly two lakh admission forms sold by Delhi University - Jun 11, 2010
- Over 100,000 apply for admission to Delhi University - Jun 15, 2009
- Delhi varsity admissions kick off, 26,000 forms sold - Jun 01, 2009
- DU's second cut-off list brings some hope to students - Jun 21, 2011
- Over 40,000 Delhi University forms sold on Day One - May 28, 2010
- DU's second cut-off list offers little hope to students (Lead) - Jun 21, 2011
- Delhi University dons a disabled-friendly avatar - Jul 10, 2011
- Students make a beeline in Delhi University colleges for admission on first day - Jun 01, 2009
- Delhi University to offer 5,000 more seats this year - May 11, 2010
- Medical aspirants seek curbs on Delhi varsity admissions - Jun 22, 2011
- Court curbs on Delhi University law course admission - Oct 15, 2011
- Help desk for northeast students - Jun 16, 2011
- Aspirants hope to get through third Delhi University list - Jun 29, 2010
- Delhi students look to Chandigarh for B.Com courses - Jun 27, 2011