11-year-old authors a bookFebruary 20th, 2009 - 4:01 pm ICT by IANS
Aligarh, Feb 20 (IANS) Abdul Sabur Kidwai is just 11 years old, and he has already authored a 32-page book on how three boys foil a bank robbery. And he aspires to be a “great author” one day.
A student of Class 6 at Al-Barkaat Public School here, Kidwai’s work of fiction has already hit the market, courtesy New Delhi’s Sanbun Publishers.
Talking to IANS about his maiden literary effort, Kidwai said: “My book is about George Higgins, Henry Clarkson and Richard Bradman who form a group called ‘Troublesome Threesome’. They are naughty but also brave and courageous. Their quest for adventure leads them to foil a bank robbery.”
Kidwai said the language he has used to write the book is simple and yet captivating besides being peppered with humour.
What motivated Kidwai to write?
“In England where I studied (at Bridge Junior County School in Leicester), I spent most of my time in public libraries. I was inspired by my teacher Helen O’ Niell to write stories,” Kidwai said.
His mother introduced him to the world of books. Kidwai’s father teaches English at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU).
“My grandfather told me lots of stories from Urdu, Persian and Arabic literature. I too want to be a great author,” he said. His favourite writers are Roald Dahl, Enid Blyton and J.K. Rowling.
- Enid Blyton falls out of children's top ten authors list - Dec 17, 2010
- Enid Blyton's unseen novel 'Mr Tumpy's Caravan' discovered - Feb 23, 2011
- Enid Blyton is Liz Hurley's biggest literary influence - Oct 27, 2010
- Roald Dahl is still children's favourite - Mar 19, 2011
- 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' voted best bedtime story by UK parents - Mar 04, 2010
- New Book Gives Revealing Insights Into British Writer Roald Dahl's Life - Aug 09, 2010
- Lost book by Enid Blyton found - Feb 23, 2011
- Scottish thieves prefer Jacqueline Wilson' books to JK Rowling's - Apr 03, 2010
- Enid Blyton named ''Britain''s Best-Loved Author'' - Aug 19, 2008
- From London to Sirdargarh, a Guyanese Indian's journey - Apr 11, 2012
- Poignant tales from an innocent past (IANS Book Review, With Image) - May 20, 2012
- Carter to play Enid Blyton - Mar 07, 2009
- Roald Dahl 'was a real-life James Bond style spy' - Aug 08, 2010
- Enid Blyton's Famous Five's 'jolly japes', 'dirty tinkers' soon to be history - Jul 24, 2010
- 'Sex and the City' author shading new book with glimpses of India - Jan 29, 2011