11-month boy stolen from Hyderabad hospitalOctober 26th, 2010 - 1:41 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Oct 26 (IANS) An 11-month-old boy has been stolen from a children’s hospital where such incidents have taken place in the past too, police said Tuesday.
The boy’s parents complained to police that a burqa-clad woman who had befriended them took away the child after diverting their attention late Monday evening.
Ajay of Armor town in Nizamabad district was admitted to Niloufer Hospital a couple of days ago for treatment for an ailment.
This is the second such incident in a little over two months. A month-old boy was stolen from the same hospital Aug 17.
There have been similar incidents in the past. In January, a three-day-old girl was kidnapped from Niloufer Hospital by a woman who had befriended the baby’s mother.
A 20-day-old girl went missing from the neo-natal ward of the hospital in 2006.
In May, a new-born was kidnapped from a government-run hospital in Kakinada town in East Godavari district. The woman was identified with the CCTV cameras in the hospital and the boy was found a few days later.
Authorities said they have installed CCTVs in all government-run hospitals to check such incidents.
- Infant stolen from government hospital in Hyderabad - Aug 17, 2010
- Woman steals baby from Andhra Pradesh hospital, caught on CCTV - May 10, 2010
- New-born baby boy found abandoned in Gurgaon - May 12, 2012
- Andhra woman delivers on road - Apr 09, 2012
- Shiv Sena demands ban on burqa - Oct 19, 2010
- Rare surgery saves 12-day-old infant in Punjab - Sep 21, 2011
- Eight children die as junior doctors continue strike - May 08, 2011
- Baby dies in Italy after being injected with milk - Jul 23, 2012
- Second abandoned infant found in Gurgaon in a week - Apr 18, 2012
- Mexican mother blinds her son in satanic ritual - May 25, 2012
- Body of day-old girl found in well in Rajasthan - Jun 12, 2012
- Baby girl abandoned in Gurgaon - Apr 25, 2012
- Pakistan frets over burqa bombers (Lead) - Aug 13, 2011
- Iraqi woman 'researcher' causes scare in Ahmedabad - Dec 17, 2009
- Agra blast: Search on now for veiled woman 'patient' - Sep 19, 2011