11 mobile phone agents arrested in Uttar PradeshMay 27th, 2008 - 5:41 pm ICT by admin
Lucknow, May 27 (IANS) Eleven agents of different mobile companies were arrested in Lucknow for not keeping records about their customers’ identification proof while issuing SIM cards, the police said Tuesday. Lucknow Senior Superintendent of Police Akhil Kumar told reporters: “The main objective of the drive is to sensitise the telecom agents and the people about the norms required for mobile connections.”
The 11 people were arrested from Gudamba Chowk, Bazar Khala, Ahiyana, Alambagh, Banthara, Sarojininagar and Cantonment areas of the city, the police said.
After terror threats were issued through mobile phones, the state government directed the police to launch an extensive drive to ensure that norms are followed for purchasing mobiles and providing connection, said a police officer Tuesday.
Earlier, the Lucknow police had received SMS threats through mobiles to blow up the Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s office in Lucknow. After investigations, the police declared the SMS as a fake.
- 210 SIM cards on fake identity seized, four booked - Sep 02, 2010
- Sangma asks police to probe mobile SIM cards racket - Aug 08, 2010
- Gang supplying mobile phone SIM cards to Maoists busted in UP - May 09, 2012
- Drunk father stabs son to death - May 24, 2012
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Three border villagers arrested with Pak SIMs - Sep 12, 2012
- Two booked for driving government employee to suicide - Jan 27, 2011
- Cop held for raping nursing student - Jun 10, 2010
- Suspected Pakistani spy held in Delhi (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Youths arrested for making illegal calls worth lakhs - Jan 21, 2011
- Man arrested with 15 SIM cards - Sep 09, 2011
- Four Nigerians held for cheating - Feb 01, 2012
- Elderly couple commit suicide by hanging - Dec 11, 2010
- Drug peddler held, heroin seized - Jan 05, 2011
- CRPF man arrested for looting gold chains - May 04, 2012