11 killed in separate accidents in JharkhandApril 28th, 2009 - 2:14 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 28 (IANS) Eleven people, all of whom were either going for or coming back from a wedding, died in three separate road accidents in Jharkhand, police said Tuesday.
Five members of a marriage party died in Gumla district when the jeep they were travelling in collided with a tractor near Jura village, around 140 km from here, early Tuesday morning, a police official said.
The vehicle was carrying 15 people who were returning after a marriage in Ranchi. Seven people were injured in the accident and were admitted the Rajendra Institute of Medical Science (RIMS) here. Three are said to be in a critical condition.
Four people were killed Monday night in Khuti district when their car hit a tree while they were going for a wedding.
The third incident took place in Giridih district. A jeep carrying around 20 people returning from a marriage was hit by a truck near Tundi block, nearly 300 km from Ranchi, early Tuesday. While two passengers died, two more people were injured in the accident.
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- One killed as train hits jeep in Odisha - Nov 08, 2011
- Eight people killed in Jharkhand road accident - Jul 06, 2012
- Four of a family found killed in Jharkhand - Sep 23, 2011
- Seven killed as truck rams into jeep in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 18, 2010
- On way to his marriage, groom dies in accident - May 27, 2011
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Nine killed as police bus hits jeep in Jharkhand - Jun 02, 2010
- Nine killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 19, 2010
- Six killed in UP road accident - Aug 27, 2012
- 20 die in Jharkhand bus accident - Jun 09, 2010
- Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 14, 2011
- Bridegroom among 17 killed in Andhra road accident - Jun 22, 2010
- Seven killed in Himachal accidents - Feb 09, 2012
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012